In Malaysia, there are two types of Malaysia Representative Offices:
a) Malaysia Representative Office is allowed to collect relevant information regarding investment and business opportunities to develop bilateral trade relations and promote the export of Malaysian goods and products.
b) Malaysia Regional Office: An approved regional office serves as the coordination centre for its affiliates, subsidiaries and agents within the Asia Pacific region. It is responsible for conducting designated activities within the region.
2. The differences between a Malaysia private limited company (Sdn Bhd) and a Malaysia representative office are:
-Trading and business activities are not allowed.
– Only allowed to be involved in market survey and products research and development.
– Work permit can be obtained without any limitations on share capital.
A Malaysia Representative Office is valid for a maximum of 5 years; thereafter it must convert to a Malaysia private limited company (Sdn Bhd).
3. Malaysia Representative office allowed and not allowed activities:
– Plan or coordinate business activities.
– Undertake product research and development (R&D).
– organize activity but must not be related to business trading.
Not allowed activities:
– Engage in any trading (including import and export), business or any form of commercial activity
– Lease warehousing facilities; any shipment / transshipment or storage of goods must be carried out through a local agent or distributor
– Different with Malaysia private limited company (Sdn Bhd), Malaysia Representative Office only can participate in the daily management of any of its subsidiaries, affiliates or branches in Malaysia.
4. Approval on Malaysia Representative Office registration
Entire registration procedures requires 45-65 days if all required documents are submitted.
5. Secretarial service for representative office
Tannet can provide the following secretarial services for Malaysia Representative Office: RO Company registered address, rental of office space, call answering service, fax and mail forwarding services and other secretarial services that may be required.
|Tannet (M) Sdn Bhd, we have more than 13 years of experiences in international financial advisory services.|
|Phone call: 03- 2141 8908,
Fax Number: 03- 2141 8909,